Wednesday 21 February 2007

Subject Matter

I am interested in finding a way of merging traditional low-tech kinetics with digital art to form the structure of my new media project. I have now reached the point in my investigation where I think it is necessary to take a step back and consider what the motivation behind my project proposal is.

One subject that emerged from my mind maps was the matter of animal conservation and the export trade. I am particularly concerned with primates and the illegal hunting, smuggling and sale of endangered species. This issue could be at the centre of my interactive project, providing information and raising awareness in an interesting, new way.

I will try not limit myself to only working with kinetics if another form of interactive installation seems the more appropriate solution.

No comments: